CUREE has identified, from a multi-layered analysis of the evidence, the key aspects of professional development which actually improve learner outcomes and what each looks on a scale from developing to transformatively integrated into the systems and structures of the college. From this base, we have derived criteria, evidence collection instruments and benchmark levels through which the organisation’s effectiveness as a sponsor of PDL can be assessed.
- leadership of professional learning;
- use of collaboration as professional learning strategy;
- use of specialist expertise;
- use of evidence to support the learning process and link staff and student learning;
- summative and formative approaches to needs analysis